Chapel of the Transfiguration, Moose, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.
The Chapel of the Transfiguration is a small log chapel in Grand Teton National Park, in the community of Moose. The chapel was sited and built to frame a view of the Cathedral Group of peaks in a large window behind the altar. The chapel, which was built in 1925, is owned and operated by St. John's Episcopal Church in Jackson.
The chapel was built to serve guests and employees of the dude ranches that stretched north of Jackson along the base of the Teton Range. The land was donated by Maud Noble, owner of nearby Menor's Ferry, predating the establishment of Grand Teton National Park in 1929 and its expansion into the Moose area in 1950. The design was based on Our Father's House in Ethete on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Construction materials, labour and funds were provided by local ranchers.
A shot from Septmber 2010.
|camera||Canon EOS 40D|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|